The STOM Group is a research group led by Dr. Changhyun Kwon focusing on service and transportation operations management in the Department of Industrial and Management Systems Engineering at the University of South Florida. We seek to improve the operations of various service and transportation systems.
- Current Members
- Past Members
Current members of the STOM group
Changhyun Kwon is an associate professor. His research interests include transportation systems, extreme events, infrastructure management, and service operations. He received his PhD and MS in Industrial Engineering from Penn State, and BS in Mechanical Engineering from KAIST.
Abhay Sobhanan is a PhD student at the IMSE Department, USF. He received his BS-MS dual degree in Mathematics from National Institute of Technology Agartala, India in 2019. His current research interests include optimization of transportation networks using exact and heuristic methods.
Sasan Mahmoudi is a doctoral student in the IMSE Department at USF. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering from Sharif University of Technology, Iran in 2011 and a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering from the same institution in 2014. His current research interests include the optimization of transportation networks utilizing exact and heuristic methods, as well as Machine Learning (ML) techniques such as Reinforcement Learning.
University of South Florida
- Xufei Liu, Ph.D. 2022, Computational Methods for Solving the Combinatorial Optimization Problems in Transportation
- Aigerim Bogyrbayeva, Ph.D., 2021, Optimization and Machine Learning Methods for Solving Combinatorial Problems in Urban Transportation (web)
- Zulqarnain Haider, Ph.D., 2020, Using Optimization Methods for Solving Problems in Sustainable Urban Mobility and Conservation Planning (web) (co-advisor Dr. Hadi Charkhgard)
- Mahdi Takalloo, Ph.D., 2020, Game Theory Approaches for Transportation Problems
- Kevin Melendez, Ph.D., 2020, On the Convergence of Transportation and Power Systems in Smart and Connected Communities (co-advisor Dr. Tapas Das)
- Liu Su, Ph.D., 2019, Routing and Designing Networks for Two Transportation Problems
- Aritra Pal, Ph.D., 2017, Improving Service Level of Free-Floating Bike Sharing Systems
University at Buffalo
- Anpeng Zhang, Ph.D., 2018, Understanding and Modeling New Transportation Markets with Emerging Vehicle Technologies (co-advisor Dr. Jee Eun Kang)
- Nan Ding, Ph.D., 2017, Enabling Urban Parcel Pick-up and Delivery using All-Electric Trucks (co-advisor Dr. Rajan Batta)
- Longsheng Sun, Ph.D., 2016, Designing Regulation Policies for Hazardous Materials Transportation (web) (co-advisor Dr. Mark Karwan)
- Masoumeh Taslimi, Ph.D., 2015, On the Analysis of Two Problems related to Risk Management in Urban Transportation Networks (co-advisor Dr. Rajan Batta)
- Tolou Esfandeh, Ph.D., 2015, Regulating Hazardous Materials Transportation by Dual-Toll Pricing and Time-Dependent Network Design Policies (co-advisor Dr. Rajan Batta)
- Iakovos Toumazis, Ph.D., 2015, Dynamic Chemotherapy Scheduling for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Patients: Assessments and Improvements (web)
- Md. Tanveer Ahmed, Ph.D., 2013, Revenue Management for Online Advertisement Services
- Paul Berglund, Ph.D., 2012 Three Problems in Discrete Network Facility Location
- Yingying Kang, Ph.D., 2011, Value-at-Risk Models for Hazardous Materials Transportation (co-advisor Dr. Rajan Batta)
- Ali Sattarzadeh, M.S., 2015, Hazmat Network Design Considering Risk and Cost Equity
- Zulqarnain Haider, M.S., 2014, Inventory Rebalancing through Pricing in Public Bike Sharing Systems
- Chelsea Greene, M.S., 2013, OR/MS Approaches to Problems involving Hazardous Materials Risk and Impacts from a Natural Disaster (co-advisor Dr. Rajan Batta)
- Anand Srinivasan, M.S., 2010, Operations of Online Advertising Services and Publisher’s Options
- Amod Anand Agashe, M.S., 2010, Stochastic Revenue Optimization in Online Advertising
- Varun Narayana Kutty, M.S., 2010, Accept-Reject Decision in Online Advertising using Geometric Brownian Motion