- Julia Programming for Operations Research: A Primer on Computing
- Table of Contents
- Purchasing the Book
- Code Download
- Facebook Page
- Supporting Developers
Julia Programming for Operations Research: A Primer on Computing
To my frustration, not all graduate students in operations research have proper background in computer programming and many take long time to learn how to do computer programming. I wrote this book to help them and help me to help them.
I’m neither a computer scientist nor a software engineer. Therefore, this book does not teach the best coding practice. Instead, I’ll try to teach how one can finish some common tasks necessary in research and development works arising in the field of operations research and management science. After reading this book, readers will certainly be able to get things done.
Table of Contents
- Introduction and Installation
- Simple Linear Optimization
- Basics of the Julia Language
- Selected Topics in Numerical Methods
- The Simplex Method
- Network Optimization Problems
- General Optimization Problems
- Monte Carlo Methods
- Lagrangian Relaxation
- Parameters in Optimization Solvers
- Useful and Related Packages
Purchasing the Book
- Online HTML Edition: You can purchase and read online in your web browser. The benefit of the online version is that you can always read the updated book. As I update the book with corrections and new materials, I’ll make the updates available in the online version.
- Paperback/Kindle Edition via Amazon (Last Updated: December 2017): 7.5” x 9.25”. 248 pages. ISBN-10: 153332879X, ISBN-13: 978-1533328793.
- US: Amazon.com
- Asia: Amazon.cn (China) / Amazon.in (India) / Amazon.co.jp (Japan)
- Europe: Amazon.fr (France) / Amazon.de (Germany) / Amazon.it (Italy) / Amazon.nl (Netherlands) / Amazon.es (Spain) / Amazon.co.uk (U.K.)
- North America: Amazon.ca (Canada) / Amazon.com.mx (Mexico) / Amazon.com (U.S.A.)
- South America: Amazon.com.br (Brazil)
- Oceania: Amazon.com.au (Australia)
- If you purchase a paperback edition from Amazon, you’ll be able to read it also in Kindle for free via the Kindle MatchBook program.
- Paperback Edition in Korea (Last Updated: April 2018): 182mm x 257mm. 224 pages.
- Amazon을 통해서 출판되는 책과 같은 내용이지만 책 크기만 다릅니다. 영어로 쓴 책입니다.
I welcome feedback on the book! Feel free to send me any corrections, opinions, and suggestions.
If you are an instructor who is interested in computer programming education for students in operations research, management science, industrial engineering, or any other related discipline, please to discuss special pricing for you and your students. I can also discuss how this book can be used in various courses, including:
- Introduction to Operations Research
- Operations Research I, or Deterministic Operations Research
- Linear Programming
- Network Optimization
- Nonlinear Programming
- Convex Optimization
- Numerical Optimization
- Transportation Modeling
- and any other courses involving optimization problems
I also welcome suggestions from you on additional materials for this book that may be helpful for courses.
- Facebook Page: for connection, discussion, and communication.
- My twitter page: @chghyn_kwon.
This book is a proud sponsor of the Second Annual JuMP-dev Workshop.