- Julia Programming for Operations Research: A Primer on Computing
- Table of Contents
- Purchasing the Book
- Code Download
- Facebook Page
Julia Programming for Operations Research: A Primer on Computing
To my frustration, not all graduate students in operations research have proper background in computer programming and many take long time to learn how to do computer programming. I wrote this book to help them and help me to help them.
I’m neither a computer scientist nor a software engineer. Therefore, this book does not teach the best coding practice. Instead, I’ll try to teach how one can finish some common tasks necessary in research and development works arising in the field of operations research and management science. After reading this book, readers will certainly be able to get things done.
Table of Contents
- Introduction and Installation
- Simple Linear Optimization
- Basics of the Julia Language
- Selected Topics in Numerical Methods
- The Simplex Method
- Network Optimization Problems
- General Optimization Problems
- Monte Carlo Methods
- Lagrangian Relaxation
- Parameters in Optimization Solvers
- Useful and Related Packages
Purchasing the Book
- Online HTML Edition (Last Updated: December 2017): You can purchase and read online in your web browser. The benefit of the online version is that you can always read the updated book. As I update the book with corrections and new materials, I’ll make the updates available in the online version.
- Paperback Edition (Last Updated: December 2017): 7.5” x 9.25”. 246 pages. ISBN-10: 153332879X, ISBN-13: 978-1533328793.
- Kindle Edition (Last Updated: December 2017):
- Paperback Edition in Korea (Last Updated: December 2017): 188mm x 254mm. 222 pages. ISBN-13: 1400000265314
I welcome feedback on the book! Feel free to send me any corrections, opinions, and suggestions.
If you are an instructor who is interested in computer programming education for students in operations research, management science, industrial engineering, or any other related discipline, please to discuss special pricing for you and your students. I can also discuss how this book can be used in various courses, including:
- Introduction to Operations Research
- Operations Research I, or Deterministic Operations Research
- Linear Programming
- Network Optimization
- Nonlinear Programming
- Convex Optimization
- Numerical Optimization
- Transportation Modeling
- and any other courses involving optimization problems
I also welcome suggestions from you on additional materials for this book that may be helpful for courses.
- Facebook Page: for connection, discussion, and communication.
- Online HTML Version: You can purchase and read online in your web browser.
My twitter page: @chghyn_kwon.